Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SF iso ?
Hi
I download tpaw iso in 7zip from sourceForge and i get 0-bytes?
Is this download broken or something else?
Also i see that iso is 648MB in size ?
why is so large i expect something smaller ?
like beini , xiaopan ..i think that are 64MB or similar?
TinyPaw_v1.2Z.1.iso is 619mb downloadable as an .iso extension. I am not sure of what error you are referencing, the active links for the iso's are:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/tinypaw...o/download

https://sourceforge.net/projects/tinypaw...o/download

These links and iso's are verified, if you could please give further details? And how do you mean 7zip? These are downloadable via direct download via sourceforge, there is not to be any type of unzipping, uncompression, etc..

Thanks and please feel free to ask any more questions!
As far as why so large? Because there are a ton of more tools then the distros you mentioned, a ton of python networking, crypto, etc libraries, new builds for many core tools such as pcre, prce2, grep, gnutls, etc, not to mention the kernel in the latest TinyPaw release is 4.14.10, I believe the one used in the previous mentioned is from the 3.2.x generation. This project is under constant and continuous development and I appreciate your feedback. TinyPaw-Linux is not Xiaopan OS, Beini or Tiny Core Linux, I do not say that too be rude but only to point out that making comparisons between them can be hit or miss.

This project was inspired by Xiaopan, built from Tiny Core, but in order to stay current with the constantly evolving standards of WiFi, Encryption, Routers, etc. libraries and core files will need to be added, updated, and or recompiled against other libraries on a fairly consistent basis. Also, some of the new tools such as wireshark with QT interface amount to roughly 70-80mb, so if you consider the entire *.iso is 650mb +/- then roughly 1/7th is occupied by one extension alone. I assure you I have no intention of releases exceeding this current size as well this is the primary reason that all tools not associated with wireless testing as well as non-essential desktop environment components have been excluded entirely.

Again, thank you for your interest, feedback and support.
Hi r1sen
I understand all of your points and i must you say some things .
As i say before i test all programs in wifi-slax
and some of them try to do same thing or to say in another words
are the same...right ?
one of programs whixh i don't like and i think that is useless is Wireshark.
So you can remove it from distro .

Quote:Again, thank you for your interest, feedback and support.

Never be a problem   Smile
In fact i am little bit disappointed in this so called hacking tools.
most of them just scan..scan,,scan
there are programs with real potential like EvilTwin or better to say Fake AP
dictionary attack is total waste of time .
Reaver is also really good as wifite

i am sorry that you feel that way. However, once EvilTwin or any other MITM attack is carried out then you of course know a packet capture tool is quite necessary? Yeah, of course you'd know that, so then you'd also understand why it would make no sense to dump Wireshark? Also, what tools just "scan, scan, scan"? Each attack script such as Linset, Fluxion, Airgeddon, ReVdK, all are attack scripts automating such tools as Bully, Aircrack-ng, Reaver, etc.. Which are all of course on the leading edge of DOS, Bruteforcing/Dictionary attacks for wireless credential captures and AP's. Also, I see you think dictionary is a waste of time? If you read the SourceForge landing page you will see that I have excluded the inclusion of dictionary wordlists due to their size, however you can pipe Crunch output into Aircrack either manually or by script manually generating alpha, numeric, special character combinations. Thank you for your feedback.

Also, you are aware Airgeddon has EvilTwin/Rogue AP? Again though, thanks for the feedback.
However I will look into additional tools for TinyPaw for the next release - however, please keep in mind as well, almost none of these or there libraries and/or python modules have been compiled on or in a Tiny Core based system so having any complaint about the current .iso size will only grow as additional tools are compiled along with needed dependencies and libraries. As well if you've read the forum or the Xiaopan forum tools Ettercap, RouterSploit 3 - with new python3 modules, etc have been compiled and will be included in the next build release. I will certainly look into EvilTwin , RogueAP , FakeAP - along with other AP phishing and rogue tools. Thanks.
Also Aston,

Please keep in mind I am one person and this project is under continuous development. Feedback and comments are just about the only way to provide the tools and / or scripts that you (the community) wants. Again I thank you for your feedback.